Saturday 25 April 2015

Jose Romussi

Jose Romussi

Jose Romussi is an american artist who has worked with many different themes in the past few years including: ballerinas, portraits with embroidered flowers and skulls and also landscapes. His statement about his work says that...
I intervene images by applying my own perception of beauty to them. Sometimes by giving them a new identity or a different aesthetic concept. It’s the chance to give this image a new emotion, a new life, a new interpretation of beauty through embroidering.
Link
Link for all images source
 That statement intrigued me, what is the perception of beauty? Is it in the eye of the beholder? As a young woman in society I feel a lot of pressure to fit into the small box that society has created around the idea of beauty. I think that is why I really love Romussi's work, he applies his own ideal to them. I also love the fact that he embroiders on paper not onto textiles, the textural quality of that really interests me.




0 comments:

Post a Comment