Thursday 16 April 2015

What now? Ideas to expand on after the exhibition

What Now?

After my exhibition I hit a bit of a blank wall, I wasn't sure on how to keep going with my work on 'Auntie Frankie' after doing so much work on freedom. However, after reflecting back over my work up till this point I started to think of some concepts to pursue. My first thought was to produce a flip-book of sorts, it would depict the journey from male to female, sad to happy, captive to free. I thought about several ways of doing this, I could make a traditional flip-book, make hinged canvases or use layers of acetate. To depict the journey I would change the materials, colours, patterns and textures. Also from this idea I could possibly do a series of paintings instead of a flip-book. 

Evolution Picture: https://www.exchangewire.com/blog/2015/02/17/evolution-atd-means-holding-groups/


My second idea was to draw a person running from one side of the paper/room/canvas etc., similar to the evolution drawings. I thought for this I could reuse my geometric style of drawing and perhaps add in some new techniques like embossing. Along this theme of evolution I thought about metamorphosis, I could perhaps show the journey with symbols like hatching out of an egg or being free from a cocoon. Other symbols could be used like weights, cages, shackles, handcuffs etc. which links back to my exhibition work with the blindfold and gag symbolism. 

Geometric style I could bring back into my practice

0 comments:

Post a Comment