Tuesday 1 December 2015

Alfredo Jaar

Alfredo Jaar

Alfredo Jaar (born 1956) is a Chilean-born artist, architect, and filmmaker who lives in New York. The art of Alfredo Jaar is usually politically motivated, strategies of representation of real events, the faces of war or the globalized world, and sometimes with a certain level of viewer participation (in the case of many public interventions and performances). - Wikipedia

Alfredo Jaar 'Three Women'
Alfredo Jaar's work is very politically motivated and my favourite piece of his is 'Three Women' 2010, which consists of three small images of women surrounded by 6 or so light projectors. I found it really intriguing and I wish I could have seen it in person to get a true sense of the work, I feel Jaar is trying to show how small certain cultures or women are. 


Alfredo Jarr 'Three Women'

Alfredo Jaar 'The fire next time'

0 comments:

Post a Comment