Tuesday 2 December 2014

She's Not Sure If You're A Boy Or A Girl" Rebel Rebel - David Bowie


Many people find crossgender/transgender culture shocking still. Thai 'Ladyboys' (called Kathoey in Siamese) are some what of a grey area as most people consider them primarily male not female. I find it interesting that people don't consider them genderless or to have their own gender, why do they have to be labelled male or female? I found that the initial studies (below) done with fineliner and water were too personal, to remedy this I will not include any facial features in further studies.


I found it hard to get reference images as most 'Ladyboys' want to have female genitals, so to them still having male genitals is shameful. I was inspired by a few images online using the fineliner and water technique and I found it useful for just capturing the overall form.
Fineliner and water
Fineliner and water
A further study in Charcoal

0 comments:

Post a Comment