Friday 19 December 2014

Textures And Patterns

After doing my oil pastel experiments I had a look at more patterns that related back to my contour work and came across 'Zetangle'. 'Zetangle' (see below image) is a series of patterns that are very doodle like but have a beautiful look to them, they are very popular in tattoos and on the web. I thought it would be interesting to do a body in this style, although unfinished I really enjoyed the process of making the artwork. 
Inspiration Image: http://qing.blog.sina.com.cn/1698232134/6538f746330000ha.html
Unfinished 'zetangle' piece

After looking at pattern I started to look at texture, I started off by making a piece with just any materials I found. I found it really fun to make and also quite interesting in is textural qualities. All the materials I chose have very different textures and looks, I don't think it is particularly beautiful but it has a certain appeal about it.



Mixed Media: clingfilm, permanent marker, parcel tape,
brown paper and split pins.
My final piece looking at pattern and texture relates back to my continuous line drawings earlier in my work. I really love the flowing quality of the image, I did not construct the lines I just placed the cotton onto the paper.


String experiment

Close up of the above image

0 comments:

Post a Comment