Monday 5 January 2015

Chai And Friends

Just before my assessment date my mum sent me the book of photographs my 'Auntie Frankie' took of 'Ladyboys' in Thailand (published 1989). The photographs are very tasteful and done with a traditional black and white camera. I love the quality of the images and how beautiful the lighting is, the light really emphasises the images and gives them an intimate feel. I have photographed a selection of my favourite pages from the book (displayed below), my favourite is the final one. I think I like this one most because of the intimate and peaceful quality of the image. You can tell throughout the book that 'Frankie' had a personal relationship with the people photographed, be it friendship or relationship (there are photographs of his partner Kon).



Images of Kon



0 comments:

Post a Comment