Sunday 11 January 2015

Assessment Feedback

Assessment Feedback

I had my assessment last week and the feedback was good, I got a mid/high 2.1 which is what I was hoping for.

 I got high 2.1 in the following categories: Research, Analysis and Articulation. 
Mid 2.1 in: Finished work and Awareness of contemporary context. 
Low 2.1 in Methodologies.

The written feedback was as follows: "There is a real engagement with the subject matter and a seriousness to your approach that is very positive. You really need to see more art in the flesh and take a broad approach to the exhibitions you see. Also start to get your work out of the sketchbook and experiment with stand alone pieces. Question whether it really is the 'Ladyboys' that are interesting. The story of 'Auntie Frankie' seems to be the most inspiring focus perhaps."

After my assessment I felt a lot more clear on where I want my work to go, I feel that my main focus should be a personal one and focus on the emotions of the people and how their identity evolves. I am now going to step away from my focus on the body and start to look at more personal accounts and start to produce work with an emotional theme.

I got the idea of possibly experimenting with book works, as I am interested in peoples journeys it seemed appropriate to use books as a medium to help communicate my ideas. Fortunately I had an old book laying about so I started to make some work with it (see images below), my starting point was a persons journey from Female to male.

Book Work In Progress


First two pages complete


Outside of the book

Second set of pages complete

Top down view

Third set of pages complete

Close up of third set

Close up of third set

Open book

0 comments:

Post a Comment