Saturday 7 February 2015

Drawing From A Personal Perspective: Workshop

Drawing From A Personal Perspective: Week 2

Mediated Self: Drawing With Photographs


In week 2 of the drawing workshop with Yuen we did some experiments using photographs or images from magazines etc. which had some relation to our art practice. I used images of 'Auntie Frankie', the first experiment was to manipulate the image by folding, cutting etc. then to draw from it focusing on it's materiality rather than the actual image. The feedback I got from Yuen was that I needed to make my drawing look more three dimensional by adding more extreme shadows.
My image from the first exercise.

Drawing the image on our partners.

The second experiment we did was to use one of our images and to manipulate it again, we then stuck them to the person's face who was sitting next to us. We had to draw the object and the person's face together. I found this exercise more difficult as my image was quite small and also it was hard to organize working together to draw each other as we would keep moving to look at each other.


My partners image on me and my drawing of her and my image.

My partner for the exercise with the image on her face.

My partners image on my face as I draw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment